Linked Header

Friday, November 20, 2009

Fire in the North End

Quick action by a City Police officer saved a home in the North End from catching fire. It was just after three this morning, when someone driving by 254 Douglas Avenue noticed the front porch of the home was on fire. City Police were the first on the scene and dashed out the flames with an extinguisher.

City Fire then arrived and hosed down the area for hot spots. At this point, it looks like a cigarette butt in the front planter box may be the cause of the fire.