Linked Header

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Firefighters Save Wheelchair Bound Man From Fire

A 61-year-old man who uses a wheelchair is recovering in hospital from smoke inhalation after being rescued from a house fire in Quispamsis.

KV Fire Department tells CHSJ news they were called to the bungalow at 695 Hampton Road just after midnight. Smoke was billowing out of the home while they searched for the homeowner. Fire crews managed to put out the fire, which they say was mainly confined to the living room and was crawling up the ceiling.

Rothesay police say they received the call saying a cushioned chair in the home was on fire. Police add his neighbors say the homeowner is a chronic smoker. Police tell CHSJ news the "KV fire department are the heroes, they're the ones that saved that man from dying."