Linked Header

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Emergency Measures Organisation Issues Warning

The Emergency Measures Organisation is warning people, still without power, to never use charcoal or gas barbeques, camping equipment or home generators inside their homes because they give off carbon monoxide which can be life-threatening.

After your power is restored, you should give the electrical system some time to stabilize before reconnecting tools and appliances. Turn on your heating system first, followed in a couple of minutes by reconnecting your fridge and freezer. Wait 10 to 15 minutes before reconnecting everything else.

For more information on the emergency centres, you can call the Red Cross, 1-800-222-9597.