Linked Header

Monday, January 27, 2014

Lung Association Urging Homeowners To Test For Radon

This colourless, odourless radioactive gas could be seeping into your home without you even noticing, and the New Brunswick Lung Association is urging you to test for it. 

Radon is caused by the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and can get into your home through cracks and openings. It's the second leading cause of cancer in Canada.

Community Outreach Manager Roshini Kassie tells CHSJ News you should make sure to buy a long-term test kit in order to get your true level of radon concentration, since radon levels in your home vary over time. You can buy a home testing kit at various hardware stores or through the NB Lung Association by calling 1-800-565-Lung. For more information, visit their website.