Linked Header

Monday, February 17, 2014

East Side Fire

City firefighters had to open up a wall and ceiling to put out a fire in a home at 32 McNaughton Drive on the east side shortly before 9 last night. 

Divisional Chief Mark Wilson says the initial call was about what appeared to be a minor electrical problem but quickly discovered a more serious situation.

Wilson says they found the fire was speading along a wall beam after opening up a wall and ceiling.

It was determined the fire was caused by an overheated light in the ceiling.