Linked Header

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You Can Buy A Toque In City To End Homelessness

It's estimated there are 100 young people in the city who don't have a place to call home. 

The Support the Toque campaign to end homelessness among young people in the city is being held today in Brunswick Square with a booth across from Coles from 11 to 3. 

Community supporters of Safe Harbour Transitional Youth Services will be selling toques for $10 each. 80 per cent of the proceeds will go toward building and operating Safe Harbour, a transition house for homeless young people in the south end. The remaining 20 per cent will help support initiatives across the country. 

In 2012, 67 young people used an adult emergency shelter in the city.