Linked Header

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Social Development Explains How Vandalism Is Handled

Social Development is explaining how vandalism incidents are handled in public housing, after windows and vehicles belonging to a woman in Crescent Valley were damaged.

Police were called to the address several times on the weekend. They describe the situation as an ongoing dispute.

Media spokesperson Jason Humphrey tells CHSJ News while he can't speak about specific cases, if a public housing unit needs repairs that result in someone having to move out, Social Development offers them another rental housing unit--unless the repairs are caused by willful damage or negligence. They'll also provide financial assistance to move on a case-by-case basis.

When it comes to accusations of illegal activity, tenants are urged to contact police.