Linked Header

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fire In Musquash Could Have Been Alot Worse

Quick thinking and fast action prevented a home from going up in flames yesterday in Musquash. The wife of the Musquash Fire Chief is getting the credit for saving her neighbour's home on the West Branch Road. 

The fire started on a kitchen stove but by the time the firefighters got there, everyone had gotten out of the home safely and the fire was extinguished. 

It did scorch the kitchen cabinets and caused minor smoke damage throughout the home. A neighbour sustained minor smoke inhalation but didn't have to be sent to the hospital. 

The Musquash Fire Department is reminding everyone, if you do have small kitchen fire extinguisher, after discharge, it lasts only 8 to 10 seconds.

(Photo Courtesy Of The Musquash Fire Department)