Linked Header

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Carbon Monoxide Levels Found At Prince Edward Square Mall

 Saint John Fire responding to reports of the smell of exhaust in parts of the Prince Edward Square Mall. 

 Crews finding levels of carbon monoxide at the YMCA, NB Liquor and Dooly's.

Platoon Chief Pete Saab tells us, Something went wrong with the heating system in the building. The exhaust from the system was being moved back into the building and was not escaping. 

Crews aired out the building and evacuated the three business, and made sure the proper authorities were called in to fix the furnace.

Enbridge was brought on scene to shut down the gas. The rest of the mall was checked for carbon monoxide levels and none were found.