Linked Header

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Website Aims To Answer Consumer Questions

The Financial and Consumer Services Commission has a new service where New Brunswickers can find answers to consumer and financial questions. It has launched a website to answer frequently-asked questions about pensions, credit union depositions, gift cards, and more, including:
●    Can I withdraw the balance of my pension account if I become disabled?
●    Where can I check to see if my insurance agent is licensed?
●    When does a gift card typically expire?
●    Are deposits in New Brunswick Credit Unions insured?
●    How can I find out if a securities salesperson is registered?

The website provides the answers to these questions and to other concerns like avoiding buyer's remorse, dealing with door-to-door sellers, and how to avoid fraud.
 

You can check out the site here